Want to be a Palaeontologist?
CBBC (BBC children’s television), have been in touch with Everything Dinosaur asking our dinosaur experts and teachers for assistance. Do you want to be a palaeontologist? Are you aged 8-13 years, or do you know someone of that age that wants to explore fossils? CBBC are looking for applicants for a new TV show all about dream jobs and this branch of the BBC wants to encourage more children to consider a career in the sciences.
CBBC Aiming to Inspire the Next Generation of Scientists
Picture Credit: CBBC
So if your ambition in life is to be up to your neck in Diplodocus cervical vertebrae, or getting into a flap over feathered dinosaurs, now’s your chance to live the dream thanks to CBBC.
CBBC link to further details/application form: Click the link related to appearing on television shows
To be involved in the dream jobs show you must:
- be aged between 8 and 13 years old by 5th October 2015
- complete an application form (on line forms can be found at the link above) and a parent/legal guardian must sign to verify their approval
- not be employees of, or a close relative of BBC employees
- resident in the UK
- make sure you have permission from your parent/guardian before sending CBBC any personal details
- please note all contact numbers must be for a parent/guardian aged 18 years or over
Could Digging Up Prehistoric Animals be your Idea of a Dream Job?
Everything Dinosaur team members receive lots of enquiries from media companies, these can range from providing a comment for a dinosaur related news release, requests for interviews or advice and information on prehistoric animal themed programming. It’s all in a day’s work for the staff.
A spokesperson for the Cheshire based company stated:
“There are so many exciting areas of research in palaeontology at the moment. It’s great to hear about CBBC’s attempts to enthuse the next generation of scientists.”
Don’t hang about though, drop your geology hammers and get your application form in, the closing date for applications is 2nd September 2015.